Advanced RFIC laboratory
Establishment and Key Technical Indicators
The Advanced RFIC Laboratory is equipped with advanced RF chip testing equipment, including spectrum analyzers, different types of signal generators, signal analyzers, RF interference shielding boxes, IoT device power analyzers, vector network analyzers and advanced time-domain and frequency-domain oscilloscopes and a programmable temperature chamber. These devices can provide performance testing of advanced communication chips including NB-IoT, enhanced Machine Type Communication (eMTC) and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE).
- Low-power wireless connection chip design, such as NB-IoT chips, BLE chips, etc.
- Advanced RF chip design, such as LTE, LTE-Advanced RF chip, etc.
- Design and simulation tools – industry's mainstream EDA tools for IC design and simulation.
Laboratory utilization is over 90%, mainly for research and prototype development.
Projects Undertaken and Effectiveness
- IP platform for cellular IoT
- System-on-Chip for NB-IoT
- Enhanced dual-mode RF transceiver for eMTC and NB-IoT
- Sensor hub SoC embedded with NB-IoT connectivity
- Next-generation Bluetooth Low Energy SoC
- Next-generation Bluetooth Low Energy for audio streaming applications
Open to industry partners to provide testing, consultation services and collaborative research to local and China SMEs.